Extension increases local officials’ knowledge and decision-making abilities by providing facilitation resources and educational programs. Local officials often request the assistance of the Extension Office in helping boards and committees understand their specific roles and responsibilities, such as open meetings or records laws.
Agriculture Listening Sessions
Facilitated annual listening sessions where members of the Agriculture Community share their perspectives on the current state of agriculture in Washington County, which helps inform future public policy for the County Executive.
County Board Structure and Size
Provided research and facilitated sessions where members of the Washington County Board of Supervisors examined board size and committee structure, which helps transform county board operations.
- 2019 Washington County Board Study Report
- 2015 Washington County Board Study Report
- 2010 Washington County Strategic Issues Presentation
Long-Term Care (Samaritan Health Center)
Facilitated a series of meetings whose members researched, discussed, and made policy recommendations on Washington County’s future role in providing long-term care (nursing home) services.
- 2023 Samaritan County Board Ad-Hoc Study Committee Report- Part 1 & Part 2
- 2021 Samaritan County Executive Citizen Task Force Report
County Board Strategic Planning
Facilitated planning sessions where county board members identified and prioritized strategic issues impacting Washington County government operations and county citizens.
- 2017-2019 Washington County Strategic Priorities Report
- 2013-2015 Washington County Strategic Priorities Report
Fair Park Study Committee
Conducted research and facilitated sessions where members of the Washington County Board Study Committee determined the County’s future involvement with Fair Park, which was operated by a non-profit that had overextended their financial resources and was facing the possibility of bankruptcy.
- 2009 Washington County Fair Park Study Committee Report
- 2009 Washington County Fair Park Study Committee Presentation
Questions or Concerns? Contact the Community Development Staff