Periodically the media, local governments, organizations, or developers/realtors request information from the Extension Office about the entire county or a specific community. Requested information usually includes current or projected population, incomes, household sizes, areas of growth, or labor market data.
Recent Washington County Demographic Data:
- Demographics and Housing 2020 (5 Year Est.) – US Census
- Social Characteristics 2020 (5 Year Est.) – US Census
- Population and Race Data 2020 – US Census
- Washington County Latino Population Brief-2014
- A New Portrait of Latinos in WI-2014
- Latinos in Wisconsin: A Statistical Overview
- Housing Characteristics 2020 (5-Year Est) – US Census
Economy & Education
- Economic Characteristics 2020 (5-Year Est.) – US Census
Related Links of Interest
The Applied Population Laboratory (APL) is a group of research and outreach professionals located within the Department of Community and Environmental Sociology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Their flagship website, GetFacts, is the first of its kind online interactive mapping and data extraction tool for Wisconsin demographics.
The Wisconsin Department of Administration’s (DOA) Demographic Services provides a database of Wisconsin county and municipal population profiles. In addition, the DOA’s site also provides information on county and municipal population estimates and projections.
The U.S. Census Bureau contains data collected during the 2010 census and the ongoing American Community Survey. It is a source for population, housing, economic and geographic data. The Census Reporter creates place profiles and comparison pages that provide an easy-to-use interface for navigating data, including visualizations for a more useful first look.
Questions or Concerns? Contact the Community Development Staff