Pesticide Applicators Certification

Pesticide Training Update Certification and Training Update

We are having in person Pesticide Re-certification/Certification Training Class in Washington and Ozaukee Counties. We have several ways to register. We have our on line form or we have a this Registration Form you can print and bring into the office . You may also call our office at (262) 334-4477.

January 26th, 2022,  Wednesday,  8:30 am – 3:30 pm 
Washington County, PAC Room 1113A/B
333 E. Washington St, West Bend
(262) 335-4477

February 23rd, 2022, Wednesday, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Ozaukee County, Auditorium (Room 6)
121 W. Main St, Port Washington
(262) 284-8288

Sheboygan County –
January 28th, 2022, Friday, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
March 3rd, 2022, Thursday, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm (1st session)
March 4th, 2022, Friday, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm (2nd session)
Must attend both March sessionsplease call (920) 459-5904 for registration.
Mike Ballweg, Extension Agricultural Agent – Crops and Soils
5 University Dr., Sheboygan, WI 53081

2022 Training Updates

We’re reaching out to you regarding both an upcoming expiration of your pesticide applicator training credentials and with updates on our training and testing. We have made some changes and added some new options to this year’s private pesticide applicator training program (PAT). Here’s how this impacts you:
In-person training are currently being offered;
Online training will be available beginning December 7, 2021;
   Self-study testing is still available;
Online testing and limited in-person testing are both available this year.

Online training
Cost is $10 per person. Available trainings are:
• December 7, 2021
• January 25, 2022
• February 15, 2022
• March 15, 2022
• April 5, 2022
These will be trainings using Zoom Webinars. The training will start at 9:00 a.m. and end approximately 12:30 p.m. You must register to receive the Zoom link.
You must purchase a manual either from your participating County Extension Office or from the PAT store. Those seeking Greenhouse & Nursery or Fruit Crops certification can take this training also. After successful completion of the online training, you will receive a receipt that you must bring when you come to get the “attended training” passing rate of 50%.
To navigate the online options, visit the PAT Store at Scroll down to “Private Applicator Training” and select General Farming 100/101. Then chose B. “Online Private Applicator Training.”

Commercial testing
Another option is to test as a commercial applicator with the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer protection (DATCP). Commercial testing is a closed-book test. To schedule a test with DATCP visit or call 608-224-54548.

Who needs to get certified?
Finally, be sure to take a moment and see if you actually need to be certified. In some situations, individuals have realized they don’t need certification. Please check the criteria below.
You must be certified if you apply, mix and load, or direct the use of:
• Restricted-use pesticides (RUPs)
• Any pesticide on a for-hire basis
• Any pesticide in or on public schools or school grounds (K-12 public schools)
• Any pesticide in aquatic environments (may also be a requirement of permit)

You also must be certified if you:
• Conduct pesticide-safety training for agricultural workers or pesticide handlers as required under the Worker Protection Standard (WPS)

Please don’t hesitate to contact the Washington County Extension Office, the University of Wisconsin Pesticide Applicator Training (PAT) Program, or the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) if you have any questions.

Sharing is Caring - Click Below to Share